A new Head of Football position is available at OptaPro.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering OptaPro’s global football strategy as a key stakeholder in the wider Opta analytics programme, product development and analytics consultancy projects.
They will be responsible for managing key accounts and supporting the development of clubs and governing bodies’ data management and analytics processes through their knowledge of analysis and scouting processes.
OptaPro is the division of Perform Content that is responsible for the delivery of services directly to over 300 professional sports teams around the world.
OptaPro is at the cutting edge of performance analytics, providing over 300 teams in football, rugby and cricket with the analytical tools and technology to analyse matches, assess squad performance and design data led recruitment strategies.
OptaPro staff are specifically trained and experienced to deal directly with coaches and recruitment teams to understand the specific needs of professional sports teams’ performance processes.
The successful candidate must have a strong knowledge of Opta data and have experience in applied analytics in professional football and coaching.
The role broken down...
- Work closely with the OptaPro senior management team to develop and deliver the strategy for OptaPro in football
- Support the development of OptaPro’s ability to support professional football club processes in scouting, performance analysis and strategic planning through applied data analytics
- Work directly with the regional consultancy and account management teams to devise market specific strategies
- Design and deliver consultancy projects with clubs and governing bodies
- Present OptaPro’s data and platforms to key clubs and governing bodies through applied presentations and workshops
- A key stakeholder in the development of Opta’s analytics programme supporting the development of data frameworks, models and metrics
- Present case studies and projects at OptaPro global events and other industry conferences
- Support the marketing team in developing football content for OptaPro assets including blogs and podcasts
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a professional club in performance or scouting departments
- Strong understanding of Opta data including data collection and feeds
- Experience using OptaPro platforms including the ISF and ProVision
- Understanding of advanced data analytics work in football
- Understanding of applied data use in professional sports including tactical application
- Understanding of coaching processes
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- Flexibility in working processes
- Hold a valid driver’s license
It would be great if you had these desirables as well...
- Language skills in addition to English
- Hold UEFA or equivalent football coaching badges
- Experience using SQL